July 1, 2013

Peacocks, Puppies and some Bears {Glove Craft}

 



To make you need:
gloves (any kind)
batting 
small round containers (mine were recycled cheese containers)
colour cardboard
googly eyes
felt, feathers, ribbon, etc to decorate
craft glue/glue gun (if you have one)
sellotape
 
For the gloves I used wool gloves that I purchased at The Crazy Store and Jet - these were the cheapest I could find. Start the project by pushing the batting into the fingers of the glove. Very little batting is required in the body of the glove, as this is pushed into your container. 

Once the fingers are as fat as you would like them to be, decorate the fingers. This will depend on which animals or creatures you have chosen to make. I decided to make peacocks and Dalmatian puppies and Big One made a family of bears. I used normal craft glue to stick on the eyes and felt and a glue gun to stick the feathers onto the peacocks. Once the glue has dried and your creatures are complete, glue the glove into the container. Lastly, cut some coloured cardboard into a strip to fit around the container and stick it on with sellotape.


I am so thrilled that we finally made these - it's been on my to-do list forever. If you make some, please let me know; I'd love to come and see. 

I was just thinking about my American readers - using this idea, you could make some turkeys instead of peacocks as a nice Thanksgiving craft.

Till next time then, happy crafting. 

PS. I do realise that my peacocks are not the right colour - I used some artistic license ;).

PPS. Linking up to The Weekly KIDS Co-Op and Link and Learn.

2 comments:

Katherine Marie said...

These are so darling and sweet!! Isn't it wonderful when you get to a craft that has been on your to-do list forever?! Xoxoxoxo!

Rachael said...

This is great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...