February 3, 2011

Georgie's Picks {Absolute Joy}


What can be better in the sweltering heat than this?

  
I have been meaning to post these for awhile - this happy moment took place in December.  As I look at these pictures now, I realize that these are some of my last "in a nappy" pictures of Little One. We started potty training just over two weeks ago and it's been going so well. It's only nappies at night time right now. It makes me extra happy that I captured this!  

Tonight I was reading Snapshot in my inbox, a newsletter sent out by Ingrid Owens of CameraShy and she asked, "Why do you take pictures?" She writes that for her it is about sharing beauty. She says that she wants to share the beauty of a moment with others, not to brag, but just to share the joy of the moment. She would like everyone else to SEE what she saw and to FEEL what she felt when she took the picture. I couldn't agree more!

Ingrid's blog is great, especially if you want to learn more about your digital camera and taking better pictures. Do go check it out.

Till next time, happy capturing...

PS. Georgie's Picks is where I share some of my favourite pictures and moments with you.

4 comments:

km said...

Capturing the BEAUTY of the MOMENT--- you have done just that! I love his joy and his sweet sweet face as it radiates happiness!!!

Unknown said...

Aww, so sweet. He's a little cutie. I'm so glad that potty training is going well. I'm not looking forward to it with Cam!

Caz said...

How could anyone not smile looking at those photos, how gorgeous :-)

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

This is so fun! It makes me feel warm seeing all that sunshine. I can't wait until it gets warm again here. (We're in the northern US and it's been below freezing all day today.

I was going to email you about this, but I couldn't find your email on your blog...

I'm hosting a Read-Along on my blog for the month of March. (It's reading Month here in the US in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday.) You have such good ideas for fun learning activities, I thought you might want to participate. If you want more info, you can see my post about it at http://helpinglittlehands.blogspot.com/2011/02/calling-all-book-lovers.html

Thanks! Polly @ Helping Little Hands

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...