November 23, 2010

Georgie's Picks {Cakes}

Today I'm going to combine three things I really love...photography, birthday parties and cakes! Oh, I just LOVE photographing birthday cakes and eating them too, of course! :)

Here are some wonderful cakes that I've photographed over the past year. Wherever I could, I have given credit to the baker (all Cape Town based) and provided the contact information for you.


Don't you just love the use of NikNaks for the Lion's mane! 
This was baked by a lovely friend of mine, for her son's second birthday.
(Cezanne bakes beautiful wedding cakes. If you would like to see more, visit her website at designer cakes by Cezanne


This AMAZING Handy Manny cake was baked by The Chocolate Moose.
(Click on the link to view their website and some more amazing cake creations.)


This is the top tier of a very pretty two-tiered fairy cake!


Red, white and blue is one of my favourite colour combinations!
Love this one!


I also love this turtle!  I think the colours of the cake are just awesome against the blue background.

And last, but not least, to view a super Frogs and Polka Dots cake, that was made for Little One's second birthday, click here.

This was so much fun to compile, I think I'll do another some time!
Till next time.

1 comment:

Km said...

I wish I lived close.... I would order one cake from each!!!! I'm with you---- I love to take pictures of pretty cakes. But I don't eat cake.... Only the frosting!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...