September 22, 2010

Colour Fun #7 - Colour Photo Book



If you know me, then you will know that I don't need an excuse to do a project involving photographs! So what could be cuter than personalised colour cards, using photos of your little one and of outings or items that they are familiar with. I searched through my pictures, chose some photos and then using Picasa (a free photo-editing program), I added the colour names. I had these printed and created a little picture book, putting the photos in an inexpensive photo album. You could also laminate the photos and turn them into flashcards. (I added the "spots' and "stripes' pictures just for fun.)

Little One really likes his colour photo book and asks me about every picture. I managed to get these cute pics of him reading his book on my bed. I could just eat him up!




I plan on doing something similar for numbers and the alphabet too, but that's for another post.

PS. I'm linking this to Tot Tuesdays and Show and Tell.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Such a great idea! What kid doesn't love to see pics of themselves! I bet my 15 month old would love this craft idea!
Love learning through play!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I also love all things that involve photography and think my kids would love this. Thanks for sharing!

Joyfulmama said...

Oh Georgia this is super adorable!! By far my favourite of all your colour fun posts!! Of course my favourite of these isthe BROWN and the photo you took on our farm trip that day... This is going to be something he'll treasure for a long time - what a special way to teach! Well done, my friend. Lots of love, G.

KM said...

Sensational!!! A wonderful learning tool!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...